Monday, November 23, 2015 / by Jason Huerkamp
I was reading an interesting article about the world's top real estate billionaires on Forbes.com and it just confirms that there is no better way to build wealth than there is in real estate.
The top 10 Real Estate Billionaires include
- Donald Bren $15.2 Bn and is a self made Billionaire from Newport Beach CA and is the country;s richest property developers
- Stephen Ross $6.7Bn is a self made Billionaire and hails from New York NY and is the richest private property developer
- Richard LeFrak and Family $6.1 Bn is from New York NY and has worked in his family business, his grandfather being the Mogul behind the money. LeFrak family are amongst the biggest landlords in NY area with huge apartment complexes in their portfolio.
- Ted Lerner $5.5Bn and is from Chevy Chase MD and is self made. He apparently borrowed $250 from his wife to begin his real estate empire. What an amazing investment!
- John A Sobrato $5Bn is from Atherton CA and owns the buildings housing Apple, Yahoo and Netflix amongst other incredible real estate.
- Sam Zell $4,9Bn is from Chicago IL and has built equity in Real Estate and other interests. He owns many hospital buildings belonging to Ardent Health care.
- Leonard Stern $4.7Bn is from New York NY and owns mega real estate options in New York, New Jersey and Chicago. He is an benefactor for Jewish causes and assisting in writing a book about anti semitism published last year
- Donald Trump $4.5Bn is from New York NY and made his money in real estate and investment. He disagrees with Forbes.com about his net worth.
- Jerry Speyer $4.4Bn is from New York NY. He is a self made property developer and owns skyscrapers across the world including the more famous Rockefeller Center in Manhattan
- Edward Roski Jr $4Bn is from Los Angeles CA and is following in the footsteps of his father, making his money in industrial property. He is the well deserved recipient of two Purple Hearts having served as a Marine Corps Office in Vietnam.
With that in mind let me take a minute to talk about Real Estate investing.
- The art of investing in real estate is to buy at the right price with the right property conditions
- Buy property in a good location and watch your investment for changes in surrounding areas that can negatively affect your investment
- Be ready to sell when their are telltale signs of a change in market or location
- Never buy real estate with an emotional attachment - buy because the figures work
- Buy real estate that will offer a good rental return
- Find high demand areas or those that are rebounding
- Remember a one bedroom condo could yield a higher return on investment than a 4 bedroom home
Are you looking for an investment property. I'd love to share my knowledge with you and assist you in your search for the perfect property.
Call me for an appointment Office 952-746-9696 or Cell 612-306-8421 or email me Jason@TeamTwinCities.com