Wednesday, January 20, 2016 / by Jason Huerkamp
That is not always the best case, but the one way to find out is to talk to your real estate agent about the current market conditions. What you don't want is for the house to sit on the market for a long time. creating concern amongst buyers who eventually think "there must be something wrong with that house" dialogues.
Many sellers overestimate the value of their home - that's natural - we all think our home is better than the one in the street behind or over the road, and it might be, but the market conditions may have been different or the circumstances of the offer negotiated to suit someone or something at the time that home sold. We cannot assume anything.
When selling your home
- Price the home to sell
- Get more activity quickly
- Rather get a few offers and have the opportunity to have a bidding war and turn down offers
- Buyers are educated, they know what homes in your area/subdivision sell for
- If your home is priced correctly buyers will compelled to make an offer quickly
- Fear of loss will ensure you they give you a good clean offer and not a lowball one
- Check out past sales instead of current pricing for homes in your area
- Seasoned buyers know pricing, new buyers will not buy straight away unless they have the right priced home
- Homes are not just valued by price, they are valued by inventory and market conditions
- If you were buying your home, how would it compare with other homes in the area on the market at the time you want to sell
- Get a detailed CMA from your real estate agent and be guided by them to price your home appropriately
The Huerkamp Team are your real estate specialists in the Twin Cities and surrounding communities of Minnesota. We are ranked in the top 1% of agents nationwide! The Team is dedicated and experienced in the Twin Cities real estate market and look forward to being your real estate time for life! You will have a great experience buying or selling real estate.