Thursday, June 23, 2016 / by Jason Huerkamp
Here are our top 10 things to do in Minnesota in the Summer!
- There are always movies in the park. Pack a picnic and get out the deck chairs and blankets and get out into your community and enjoy the movies. Its a great time to spend with family and friends. It keeps the kiddies happy and it gives us time to enjoy the weather we wait for all year.
- There are some wonderful deck dining and patio dining restaurants, so take the opportunity on a perfect evening and spend some outdoor time with someone special at one of the many restaurants in our wonderful area. Read our blog on Alfresco outdoor dining here.
- Mill City Farmers Market - See what the huge array of vendors have to offer you - its a spectacular outing. Choose from arts and crafts to food and health care, fresh herbs and vegetables - its an awesome experience.
- Take a lovely walk along the Minneapolis waterfront and enjoy the fresh air, the spectacular skyline and the many water craft on the Mississippi. Perhaps find your favorite fishing spot.
- Enjoy the many cycling paths and park areas in the Twin cities. Take the kids and enjoy the outing.
- Craft beer tours can form part of a lovely evening out with friends. See our favorites here.
- Open Streets Minneapolis is so much fun. In various areas around the Twin Cities the streets are closed down to motor vehicles and we are free to wonder around in a safe environment and enjoy biking, skateboarding, cycling and playing.
- Get close to nature at the Springbrook Nature Center. So much to learn and to do for the whole family.
- Get on down to one of the many beaches or waterparks in the area. Thats a great way to enjoy the Summer.
- Ice Cream!! Thats a fun thing to do in the Summer - Find the best Ice Cream shops in the Twin Cities.
Let us know your favorite things to do in the Summer in the Twin Cities. We would love to add them to our lists.