Friday, June 14, 2019 / by Jason Huerkamp
By: Ashley Lone, Owner l Home Stylist l Ashley Louis Design, LLC
The Top Benefits of Home Staging – “Price gets you interest…Staging gets you Offers” – Gary Keller
- Looks and Feels Like Home (the WOW factor):
- In today’s market there is more competition than ever! Between the high demand market we live in, coupled with the increasing popularity of all the HGTV remodeling/DIY shows, your home needs to have the “wow factor” if you want to sell quickly and for top dollar.
- “77% of buyers’ agents said staging a home made it easier for a buyer to visualize the property as a future home”
- Click Appeal (your online presence):
- People have 7 seconds, in person, to make a first impression (good or bad). You have only 2.6 seconds to make a first impression online.
- Selling your home is no different. Buyers searching for their next home online decide in less than 3 seconds if they’re interested in your home or not. Home staging is a way to ensure you have a stand out online presence.
- “95% of buyers are online first looking at photos of homes before they reach out to an agent”
- “40% of buyers were more willing to walk through a home they saw online, if it was staged”
- Buyers Overlook Flaws & Outdated Trends:
- Don’t have those ever so popular white cabinets or gray walls? Is your home a little outdated? Or do you have some minor cosmetic items that need fixing?
- Updating the above can be a big expense and time consuming. Using a professional home stager will help focus the buyer’s eyes elsewhere, saving you money and time in long run.
- “Nearly 1/3 of buyers will overlook property faults when a home is professionally staged”
- Less Time on the Market:
- Time is Money! We all know how precious our time is these days. Investing in home staging will decrease your time on the market.
- As the great Gary Keller – Chairman and CEO of Keller Williams Realty said himself “Price gets you interest…Staging gets you offers”
- “Professionally staged homes spent 72% less time on the market than unstaged homes”
- Increased Sale Price:
- Money is Money! Let’s be honest who doesn’t want more money, right?
- You can’t think of home staging as another cost, you have to think of it as an upfront investment that will provide more and higher offers.
- 85% of staged homes sold for 6-25% more than unstaged homes