Tuesday, November 03, 2015 / by Jason Huerkamp
Its that wonderful time of the year when families, friends and loved ones get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas and we often have extra people in house on vacation. If you don't get organized beforehand, it can be a difficult time and instead of you enjoying the event, you begin to fear it.
Two Weeks Before:
- Make a list of things that need to be done around the house and get them seen to
- Plan a loose meal plan and get in the non-perishables for those meals and items that can go into the freezer
- Make any meals that can go in the freezer
- Make sure that the bed linen is sorted and that you have extra mattresses if needed
- Check your towels and wash and freshen them if necessary
- Clear the fridge and clean up the freezer
- Sort out the clutter in the guest room and if the guests have children, put a few toys and books in for them to play with
- If you have a spare television, put it in their room
- If you have any magazines, put them next t
- Write out the Wifi Passcode and put it in their room
- Get the local area information brochures
- Make sure they have bedside lamps that work
- Have a spare set of house keys made for your home
- Clear closet space and have a few spare hangers
- Put extra toilet rolls into the bathroom that your guests will be using
- Put new travel size toiletries into the bathroom for the guests
- Cleaning materials for the bathroom
- Set aside a new/clean bathroom mat
1 Week Before
- Plan a few things to do in your locality
- If they have kids, have a few fun things your guests can do with their kids (incase you or they need some of their own time)
- If they have friends and family in the area that they would like to see, then plan a casual potluck meal so they can see them in a relaxed and happy environment without costing a fortune
- Buy in extra soda, water and other beverages
- Get an assortment of healthy snackie things and cereals into the pantry
- Clean those areas not being used by you/your family and close the door
- If you have pets, be sure that there are no bad odors in the house
- Have a few board and card games on hand for those wonderful together evenings
It's a great time to spend with your loved ones and family. Remember that you are making wonderful memories for many years to come.
The Huerkamp Team are working throughout the season and we are here for you and your loved ones.
If they are thinking of buying a home or even considering a relocation at a later date, we have some great information to share with them.
Please download our KW Realty mobile app so that you can find homes and details on the go.
Have them call us or feel free to set up an appointment with us so that we can share local information, homes and stats with them.
We look forward to being of service over the holiday season and beyond.