Friday, November 25, 2016 / by Jason Huerkamp
The Seller is represented by the wonderful marketing person inside that model home
The Sellers Representative is looking after the New Home Builders best interests
They will not tell you about the special deals they have. They tell you only about what is on their schedule
You will not have the same negotiating options that you get when you appoint your own buyers agent
- - already know what has sold in the development, for how much and what was included in the deal.
- - know what specials are being offered by the New Home Builder that is not on their printed list
- - what upgrades you can get for the same money
- - the notes in the MLS for the agent often state that the developer will be willing to negotiate price or closing costs, things you may never know about if you do not have a buyers agent
- - what competitive New Home Developments are available in your price range and what they offer
- - give you alternative finance and mortgage choices
- - probably be au-fait with the contract and will know what items to look for to ensure you are being looked after. He/She will also know whether the property is priced comparably with properties for sale in the area. You do not want to pay an inflated price compared to resale homes selling in the same or similar area.
- - recommend that you get a home inspection done. The builder may be building a brand new home but he is not always on site to see if any short cuts have been taken by his team or his sub contractors. A home inspection will iron out any major issues and give you peace of mind and save you money in the future.
- - look after your best interests when things don't go as planned with the builder. The Sellers agent will not be there for you, they are bound with a contract to work for the Seller's best interests.
- - be there throughout the build. They will help you meet your commitments timeously and check that the builder keeps to his schedule too.
- - know what is expected of a home in the area that you are constructing a home in terms of the upgrades you can make. You don't want to overspend on upgrades that you may not get your money back but choose the right products for the right price range.
FIND NEW CONSTRUCTION LISTINGS BY FOLLOWING THIS LINK