Wednesday, November 11, 2015 / by Jason Huerkamp
Why is Your Home Taking So Long To Sell
If your home has been on the market for a long time and the homes around yours are selling maybe it's time to investigate a little further to see why your home is still on the market. There are a few reasons why it possibly hasn't sold yet.
Very often sellers have incredible memories from their home and those memories sometimes translate to pricing that home a little too emotionally.If you are emotionally tied to your home and you have set the price accordingly, perhaps you have outpriced it in the market. The safest way to ensure your home is seen by the right buyer is to make sure it is priced to sell. Your home will ultimately sell for similar prices to the home with the same accommodation in a similar condition in the area. Watch this short video about how buyers search for homes.
If your home is not selling and it's priced well maybe a close family member or friend will be able to give you a little of their time to walk through your home with you and give you a few pointers that you may have overlooked.
These are often things the seller doesn't see -
- The house is in need of some repairs and maybe a few minor repairs will make all the difference
- Declutter that home - get items stored so that there is lots of open space and not clutter to distract the buyers attention
- Deep clean the house. Get rid of pet odors and cigarette smoke smells.
- Neutralize your home - some people don't like your oversized bright and cheerful decor and hunting trophies on the wall
- If there is a flaw in your home it does make it more difficult, but perhaps offer an incentive to the buyer like paying the closing costs
Is Your Real Estate Agent Working For You?
When you employed your real estate agent, you employed a marketing consultant to get your home sold. If your home is priced correctly, has been staged and is clean and appealing, then perhaps your agent is not the one to market your home. Ask your agent for their marketing plan, get a detailed report about how he/she is going about the business of getting your home sold. Today marketing is more than just listing your home on the MLS and putting a for sale sign in the garden.
- Are the photos of your home done professionally and doing justice to your home
- Does your home have curb appeal - if not what can make the difference in the first impression
- Declutter and stage that home
- Make sure the garden is maintained and looks good
- See that the drive way is pleasant and not cracked and oil stained - it also forms part of the first impression
FIND OUT WHAT YOUR HOME'S VALUE IS - SEE ALL THE SOLD LISTINGS, UNDER CONTRACT AND MORE INFO
Our team are professionals, we are a top Minnesota team and we would love to be of service to you.
Call us for a confidential chat on 612-306-8421 or email us today for an appointment