Monday, December 17, 2018 / by Olivia Manson
- Choose Location Carefully & make sure to determine why you want this second home
- Rent before you purchase - get to know the area and where specifically you want to buy before making your big purchase. This will also help you determine the average rental rates of the area.
- Buy under your budget - Don't fall into the trap of purchasing a property that is a stretch to afford.
- Be Realistic about how often you will use it - make sure that a vacation home fits your family's needs and schedule.
- Don't get caught up in the moment - it is easy to get caught up in the moment when thinking of owning a vacation home, but make sure to think logically & have everything in order before making your big purchase.