Wednesday, August 17, 2016 / by Jason Huerkamp
Its not a difficult answer really. Lets talk about this...
The spring is a prime time to get your home onto the market. The spring flowers are out and people do start to come out of their cocoons and thaw a bit after the snow. Agents are excited about the coming season and its generally a festival type atmosphere.
The downside of getting your home onto the market at that time, is that there are many Sellers who have thought the same, so your home is one of a number of homes that is offered and the competition can be quite steep. Buyers get a large choice of homes and Sellers get the price the Buyers pay. Of course its always nice to go house shopping in good weather and homes definitely show well at that time, so it is a good time to sell.
This Is What Happens In The Fall!
When you put your home on the market in the fall season you have some great advantages
- There are fewer homes being offered for sale and that could mean more demand for your home!
- Less competition in the market place could mean a slightly higher price
- A buyer who is coming out to look for a home in the fall, is a serious buyer
- People are out of vacation mode and we get lots of interest at that time
- Buyers can search for homes without bringing their kids along and that gives them time to enjoy the space without interruption
- When the weather cools off it does not mean that the real estate market cools off too
- The supporting businesses like the mortgage lenders, the attorneys/closing co-ordinators and the inspection teams are less busy, so closing can happen more quickly
- Homes "dressed" for fall often show more character and buyers love that cozy feeling
- Its also a great time for Selling because your own children may also be in school and its easier to keep the house tidy for showings
- Buyers like to be settled in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Real Estate listing agents have extra time available to dedicate to your home marketing.
- Buyers agents are scrambling to find homes for their buyers - its a great time to list your home for sale!
- Buyers are less confused by so many homes on the market. Too many homes, too many choices, too confusing for any buyer!
- Interest rates are reasonable and potential buyers get a chance to get a great deal on their mortgage too
- There could be tax benefits and that can be quite a motivating factor for buyers and sellers to get settled before year end.
So these reasons and a lot more make it worth your while listing and getting sold in the off season.
How do I, Your Real Estate Agent Make The Difference?
If you hear a real estate agent saying that Spring is the best time to sell, then they have not looked after their business and prospects throughout the year.
At Huerkamp Home Group we
- Prospect all year
- We get out and meet the people in our communities
- We love referrals
- We are part of the Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider Program - read more about that here
- We carry a positive mental attitude all year round, not just in the Spring and Summer
- Our team pulls together all year found to reach your goal of getting your home sold
- We continually talk to our database and update them on the real estate market
- We network with other businesses and stay connected with our support team continuously
Our business runs all year round, not just in the Spring and Summer.
The answer to "When is the right time to sell your home?" is
~ when you are ready to sell your home, thats the right time to sell.
You need the right agent with the right attitude and one who has done the work all year, not just waiting for the spring or summer time to prospect and sell.
Contact us - our team is waiting to list your home!