Saturday, February 06, 2016 / by Jason Huerkamp
First Time Home Buyers Info
Did you know
The Realtor is always paid by the Seller.
- The Realtor Always works for the Seller
- Always has to look after the Seller's best interests
- The Agent is appointed as a Buyer's Agents by signing a buyer agency agreement
What is the Work of The Buyer's Agent?
- Buyer's Agent will
- look after your best interest
- protect your privacy and any personal information
- be loyal to your instructions
- provide facts that assist you in making informed decisions
- help you find a property, make sure it’s comparable to others in the area in terms of price and condition
- will negotiate on your behalf
- guide you through the purchasing process
- guide you through the contract and the closing steps, always looking after your best interests
When Should You, The First Time Home Buyer be Buying a Home?
You know it’s the right time to buy a home
- you are going to be staying in a particular area for a longer period of time
- your mortgage payment would be less than a rental payment
- you are looking for stability in your home life
- you feel the need to offer your family or love ones a more secure lifestyle, one they can call their own.
Firstly, find yourself a mortgage broker. Work with someone you trust and like and who is knowledgeable and recommended
It is important to get pre-qualified for a home loan so that you know exactly how much you can afford and what sort of options are available to you. From that conversation you can deduce how much earnest money deposit you require. Be sure to ask your mortgage broker and your real estate broker what other costs you may need when purchasing a home.
Other costs you may need
- Earnest money deposit
- Closing costs
- Home inspection fees
- Mortgage fees/finance fees
Contract and Closing
Your buyer's agent
- will guide you through the steps of a purchase contract
- they will ensure the contingencies are written into the offer
- they will discuss important dates and times with you
- They will guide you through home inspection
- Work through the contract to make sure that you do not breach the contract
- Make sure that you are looked after throughout the purchase of your home
If you are looking for a strong team with lots of experience to work with you, represent you in your real estate transaction and to assist you to find your dream home then you need to meet with the Huerkamp Team