Tuesday, June 28, 2016 / by Jason Huerkamp
Here are 12 fun things to do with the kids in Twin Cities in the summer.
- Minnesota Children's Museum - with so much to do and educational too, you can grow their minds, expend some energy and have a wonderful bonding experience in a fun atmosphere.
- Minnesota Zoo - Its an action packed day at the Minnesota Zoo - with the options to watch the penguins being fed to seeing the cows being milked or watching the bird show and the tropical reef dive show. Little ones will be exhausted at the end of the day and happy from a wonderful days outing
- Minnesota Children's Theater Company is offering acting classes for many age groups, which could be a fun thing for kids to do while develop confidence and self esteem. The Children's Theater Company also has shows to suit every age group and what a lovely form of entertainment and a happy day outing with their special loved one.
- Story time at one of the many bookstores and libraries in the Twin Cities. Remember the time when you were small and you got lost in the world of books with the story teller re-enacting a beautiful scene that kept you mesmerized and entertained for a long time? Well the Twin Cities has some wonderful bookstores with story time too. Plan a visit! Wild Rumpus Red Balloon or even the Hennepin Library is funtastic!
- Visit the Twin Cities Model Railroad for hours and hours of fun. Watch the miniature trains running through villages and crossing bridges, the night trains making the evening look magical, the circus train with the animals being loaded. Check out the progress of the reconstruction of the O-Scale section. A fantastic outing for all.
- Mall of America - take time out to visit the American Girl Store and have tea and cake with your little one - or head to lego land and have a great time exploring. If you feel like visiting the theme park, thats at the same venue. Its an exhausting day, so start early and wear those walking shoes!
- Visit one of the many Minneapolis beaches and beach playgrounds for endless hours of summer fun. Do pack the sunscreen, hats and towels and of course keep hydrated throughout the day!
- Visit Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask theater on Saturday morning through July at 10am and watch a puppet show and get involved in making masks for the 1st 100 applicants. So much fun and hands on things to do with Mom Dad or anyone!
- Walker Art Center has great events going on through the summer time and past. Take a look, plan a game of mini golf on the rooftop or enjoy Saturday adventures - fun and learning across many age groups.
- Leonardo's Basement has 130 activities taking place over the summer - book a class for the kids and see their talent overflow!
- Way Cool Cooking School - kids summer camp activities and just a fun cooking class and a sense of achievement! The adults get to enjoy this activity too
- Science Museum of Minnesota - both entertaining and educational and so much to learn and even take home some activities.
We love summer breaks and we hope that you get to try some of these fun things to do. Let us know what you have enjoyed and let us add it to our list!